Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm incapable of eating without dribbling.

For most women of small to average cup size, dribbles of food fall past their bazooms, into their laps and onto their napkins. Not so for me. My jutting anatomy stops the free-fall of soup, coffee and sauces, leaving me perenially messy.

At home, I can always eat unrobed and catch stray green beans almondine in my cleavage.

And that's when I'm using spoon, fork and knives -- implements with which I have a lifetime of experience.

But, what will happen in Taiwan when chop sticks meet tofu? I mean, when I have only a few changes of clothing?

Spots. That's what will happen. I dread slippery noodles. Droplets of soy sauce. And roasted scorpions falling off wooden skewers onto my shirt front.

Knowing myself, I am toying with taking a bib.

I am aware that a bib on an adult is a fashion faux pas that most women would never consider.

But, is it such a bad idea? Fashions change. Hats were in. Hats are out. Hems go up. Hems descend. Bibs could catch on. I can't be the only woman who spends much too much money at the dry cleaners. In this economy a bib could make a valuable contribution to one's budget. And I'm not certain that a boldly patterned bib, or maybe a rich metallic, or something sophisticated, by say, DKNY, automatically makes one unattractive.

What a dilemma.

My husband Jed has a floor-length raincoat. I think I'll pack it.

1 comment:

  1. Look for bamboo t-shirts and get two in black and two in white. They're anti-bacterial and dry quickly. I also got a pack of bamboo socks on Overstock.com. How warm will it be there? If it's maybe 70ยบ take several shawls instead of a jacket (the dark one can be used for meals).

    Accessorize.

    ReplyDelete