Thursday, May 24, 2012

On Retiring




After 48 years as an employee for hire, I am not aggressively looking for a new career path when I retire at the end of December. 

No more W2s for me, no siree.  Instead I’m looking ahead to a clearing of the decks, emptying the old belfry, and dismantling of the fine-oiled machine I have become over the decades.

But that doesn’t mean I am giving up the world of business entirely.  In fact, I plan to devote myself full throttle to an endeavor that I just thought up the other day.

As soon as it occurred to me, I shared it with Jed. With any luck, it will never falter, always prosper, and offer a spectacular ROI.   It’s called “The Business of Us.”

The Challenge is nothing less than keeping the two of us healthy and afloat for a period of years not so excessive that  we dribble and our kids no longer let us visit, nor so ridiculously short that we miss the season finale of “Mad Men.”

The Business of Us will never be traded on the New York Stock Exchange.  Still, for my money, it’s looking like a much better investment than, well,  Facebook.




1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt you will enjoy every moment. Wait, what am I saying. This is 4 years after. You have retired and I know you have stepped into adventure.

    ReplyDelete