Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What happens when the traveler decides to stay home?



This blog had a simple premise.

I like to travel and I like to eat.
Combining the two in one blog seemed the perfect combo a few
back when I started this blog..
But then something happened I never anticipated.
My husband and I fell in love with a house!
So instead of packing our bags and leaving for the airport,
we packed our stuff in boxes and moved to Connecticut!

A house!  A basement!  A yard!  A garden!  Two driveways!
Ours.  All ours!  And no passports!  Well, there is the mortgage.

So just as I used to pore over travel magazines and Kayak for deals,
I am poring over garden brochures and wall color swatches.
Of course,  I’m still taking trips – but mostly now it’s traipsing to Loew’s and Home Depot.

Who can fathom the human mind and why it changes direction?

Ah!  But tasting!  That hasn't changed. Only right now it's mostly produce we grow ourselves
in our Straw Bale garden.  But, that's for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment